It has almost been 2 months living an ultra minimalist lifestyle. I own 15 things, and have written about them, but have never taken a photo of everything. So yesterday at the El Viajero Hostel in Caragena De Indas, Colombia I laid out everything I own and am using:
What I’m missing:
What I’m not using:
Jackets (hot here, but the one time I used them, they were really, really needed.
Tips / Tricks:
- My arc’teryx Miura 30 pack has been amazing, but doesn’t have a lot of pockets. As a quick fix, I found some snowboarding goggle lens bags for my toiletries, cables and cords, and random odds and ends (journal, pen, etc).
- The bag is light enough (about 14 pounds with the ipad included) so I can run (really) around any city with no problem. This has saved many trips going to and from the hostel before I take off on a trip or meal.
- Local sim cards and an jailbroken iPhone really helps.
- Everything has a place. Jackets are packed first. Then pants, then the minibags, then the shirts.
- I use the ice axe loops on the pack to dry my towel on travel days.
Other than the issue of really wanting a new color shirt sometimes, I really am not missing much, but experiencing a lot.