It is raining outside. It always seems to do this when the TechStars teams are trying to move into town. Three years in a row.
The rain on the streetlights blinking red. It is time to go home. But I’m pumped. This year has some amazing teams in both Boulder and Boston.
This is TechStars in Boulder, there is a magic in the air.
So to the teams:
- Appreciate the green you see on the hills. The summer is hot here, and if you notice there are cactus on the hillsides. It gets pretty hot here.
- Take some time to thank who has helped you to get to where you are at now.
- Get a bike.
- Write a note to yourself about what is going on in your life.
- You are going to be overwhelmed by Boulder, especially the concentration of smart people and athletes. It is ok.
- Boulder will humble you.
- The mentors are amazing. Appreciate them.
- Find your coffeeshop in town. Mine is Trident. Others like The Cup. You have 20 to choose from. It is a great escape.
- The tech community is really strong here. Add to it.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a lazy Saturday morning bike ride to the farmers market.
- The easiest way to lose my respect is to use spec work.
- Make sure to go to a show at Red Rocks. And a Rockies game. And get lost on a long run up to an unknown place.
- Climb something. Being at 12,000ft at 5am to watch the sunrise has a special place in my heart.
- Have a company and/or personal blog. Let everyone know about it. Show off and get help with projects.
- Never stop amazing yourselves.
- Have fun. Make some friends. Build something you are proud of.
- Demo day will be here before you know it.