Iâ€™ve written about bottoms up leadership before, and am working on ways to make this easier.
Many times I plan an event, say Startup Weekend, and use quite a few services to do so. Iâ€™m fine with it, but it makes the process monumental.
I would love to help build a plugin where the major common functions of planning are covered. To me, these are:
- Be able to post about the event, time, details, etc (this is done by a post)
- Be able to collect information (RSVP) with custom fields
- Be able to email attendees (or tweet them) at several occasions
- Send out emails upon sign up
- Be able to publicly display the names of attendees with links to their comments on the site
- Have a countdown to the event
- Create embeddable buttons for other sites