Two weeks away from the grid. It was wonderful, and the first ‘proper’ vacation I have ever had.
I’m still totally relaxed. A great trip. Great food, the exchange rate was in our favor and we were able to really see an amazing amount of the island.
I’ve debated how to share the trip (shakes fist EverLater isn’t live) and am really not sure how to do it. My photos are here.
- Everyone should take more trips.
- New Zealand is one of the prettiest places I have ever been.
- That said, it is hard to compete with Colorado.
- Food in the US is really poor in quality. The fast food movement has killed the chance of a healthy nation.
- The US really needs to work at hospitality in customs. We had a great experience, but we heard many horror stories from travelers.
- Driving on the left side of the road was surprisingly easy. Amazing how you can slip away from a lifelong habit in a day.
So now I sit, getting caught up on life, getting projects up to speed, and I smile, and think of all the great people we met, all the experiences we had. For some reason, I don’t want to write about them, or at least not now.
Grad school or traveling next year, it is still up in the air.